Monday 7 July 2014

Re wired and re gassed

    Last Monday my house started to get rewired, 20 years of clutter had to be gotten rid of, sooo huge skip was delivered a week earlier and promptly filled to the brim! Meanwhile, the utilities people showed up to dig the roads and pavements up to redo all the gas mains... When I called the skip people to pick it up I did warn them that the road had been dug up... nooo problem I was told! Little did they know, the foooollllss! 

Basically the front of my house has enough room to walk to the drive to get to the front door, no you cannot get a car, let alone a skip picker upper (official term that) near enough to the actual skip.. Um, so yeah, I learnt a LOT of new phrases that afternoon! The gas people were trying to not kill themselves laughing, I was dieing of random giggling in my living room and the sparkies I had in the house were attempting to outdo the skip picker upper driver. The air was a lovely shade of blue, in fact I reckon it went through the entire spectrum of blue and out the other side, then back again.

That was day one.

   By day two I would of happily throttled anyone who made any sort of noise with a drill. I have had all my floorboards taken up, dust everywhere and I seem to have lost everything I put in a safe place. Safe places are a misnomer, they aren't safe at all, unless you count never being able to sodding find it ever again "safe".

If the electricians were quiet, the gas people were drilling up the road, random drives or pavements, I think they just like drilling. When the gas people were shhh, guess who started making loads of noise? Yep, the electricians. I had a week long headache.

    Day three I had to go to the hospital with my parents, but that is a whole different blog for another day, when I feel up to it.

    Day four, I was locked out of my house as they were doing the downstairs, no electricity, no gas which meant NO COFFEE! Luckily it was a nice hot sunny day, so I sat outside and read my book, and promptly got bored after ten minutes. How the hell do people sit in the sun and not do anything for more than ten minutes? I was going stir crazy whilst out there. So I pottered about the garden tidying things up (I think they were weeds, not too sure, but they're gone now), that lasted for another ten minutes before I was bored of that. May of helped if I'd worn my work boots and not my dolly shoes and perhaps shorts and a tshirt and not a maxi dress. Despite lashings of sun cream, I got burnt. That is why I don't do the whole going outside and sitting in the garden. When I did sit, it was in the shade, how the flying wotsits did I get burnt? HOW? 

By this time I needed coffee and the loo... Bad times indeed. I had no way of boiling the kettle (I had put the camping stove in a safe place, fatal mistake), no electric and no gas, can't leave the house cos of the dogs, sooo stuck all day with no coffee! It was not a good day.

    Day five (supposedly the last day), they were all over the house, I was infested with electricians. Did they get everything done? No. So they're coming back this week to finish off *sigh*

    I took that week off of work, so my annual leave was spent getting up and dressed at some ungodly hour in the morning and not being able to relax at all. So much for "holiday" . On the plus side, my house at the moment is lovely and tidy, this won't last, I'm a mess magnet :D


   I hope you all (yes you, you at the back) had a more relaxed and quieter week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A comment a day keeps the something or other away, comments make me happy :)